20050517-root404

seligman at nevis.columbia.edu seligman at nevis.columbia.edu
Tue May 17 07:02:03 EDT 2005

The new production version of ROOT has been released early this year:
ROOT 4.04/02.  I've installed it on the Nevis Linux cluster; you can
access it via "setup root404" or "setup root_new".

In anticipation of the arrival of the summer students in two weeks,
I'd like to put this new production version on the "fast track."
Therefore, if I hear no objections, I will make this the default
version of ROOT (the one you get when you type "setup root") on Thu
26-May-2005.

If you have any comments, please contact Bill Seligman.