20051213-nevis1-shutoff

seligman at nevis.columbia.edu seligman at nevis.columbia.edu
Tue Dec 13 06:35:43 EST 2005

I plan to finally shut down nevis1 next week.  The details of the
procedure are here:

http://www.nevis.columbia.edu/status/2005-nevis1-shutoff.html

Everyone who's logged into nevis1 for the past three months has
already been informed.  The only thing that users with home
directories on nevis1 must do is refrain from logging in or reading
their e-mail from 6-7PM on Wed Dec 21; I'll send out a warning message
next week.

For anyone else with files on nevis1: The files are being moved, not
deleted!

If you have any comments or questions, contact Bill Seligman.