20051223-root5

seligman at nevis.columbia.edu seligman at nevis.columbia.edu
Fri Dec 23 12:12:15 EST 2005

The production version of the new ROOT release, 5.08/00, is now
available on the Nevis Linux cluster.  To use this new version, type
"setup root508".

At this point, the analysis needs of the working groups at Nevis are
not clear to me.  Therefore, I don't plan to make any changes in the
"default" version of ROOT for the next several months (if you just
type "setup root", you will get ROOT 4.02/00).

I will evaluate this issue when I go over ROOT functionality again in
time for my usual ROOT class for the summer students, in May 2006.

If you have any comments or questions, contact Bill Seligman.