[Nevis-linux] Geant 4.9.1 and ROOT 5.18

William Seligman seligman at nevis.columbia.edu
Tue Feb 5 18:16:49 EST 2008

William Seligman wrote:

> I've installed Geant 4.9.1 and ROOT 5.18 on the Nevis Linux cluster.

It didn't take them long...

The Geant4 group released patches to Geant4.9.1, Geant4.9.0, and Geant4.8.3.
I've applied those patches to the versions on the Nevis Linux cluster.

 From the patch announcement:

>  The patch includes a collection of bug fixes introduced since
>  release 9.1 of last December. For a complete summary of the fixes,
>  see the notes at:  http://cern.ch/geant4/support/Patch4.9.1-1.txt

>  The patches include a collection of back-ported fixes.
>  For details see:
>       http://cern.ch/geant4/support/Patch4.8.3-2.txt
>       http://cern.ch/geant4/support/Patch4.9.0-2.txt

Note that this does not affect my proposed removal of Geant4.8.3 on Wed 14-Feb-2008:

<http://listserv.nevis.columbia.edu/pipermail/nevis-linux/2008/000110.html>

PO Box 137                | http://www.nevis.columbia.edu/~seligman/
Irvington NY 10533 USA    | XDI: http://public.xdi.org/=william.seligman