[Nevis-linux] "wireless-research"

William Seligman seligman at nevis.columbia.edu
Mon Mar 17 17:26:14 EDT 2008

William Seligman wrote:

> To the users of the wireless network at Nevis:
>
> I've changed the networking on the wireless access point near Grace Ho's
> office, the one identified as "wireless-research" on its label.  I ran
> tests, and it appears to be functioning normally.  If you experience any
> problems, please let me know.

I have now done the same thing to the remaining wireless routers at Nevis: the
one near the videoconference room, and the one in the library.  Please let me
know if there are any problems.

> Background:
>
> I've moved that router to the "sandbox" network:
>
> <http://www.nevis.columbia.edu/linux/network.html#wireless>

At this point, the entire Nevis wireless networked is "sandboxed".  Anyone using
the wireless network to access systems at Nevis will have no special access to
our network, anymore than any outside user would.

PO Box 137                | http://www.nevis.columbia.edu/~seligman/
Irvington NY 10533 USA    | XDI: http://public.xdi.org/=william.seligman