[Nevis-linux] Geant 4.9.1p01

William Seligman seligman at nevis.columbia.edu
Fri May 30 16:20:10 EDT 2008

In the wake of other system-maintenance issues:

A couple of weeks ago, the Geant4 development team issued Geant 4.9.1 patch 02.
  Thinking that they knew what they were doing, I applied the patch.

Since then, in my own use of Geant4, I have not gotten the hadronic interactions
to work.  The program terminates with a G4Exception in HadronicModel.

I found that falling back to the earlier patch 01 solved the problem.  If you're
having the same problem, I have prepared a separate Geant 4.9.1 p01 distribution
on the Nevis cluster.  You can access it by typing:

    setup geant491p1

For the version compiled with the debugger, use:

    setup geant49p1d

We'll see if a patch 03 (or Geant 4.9.2, or Geant 4.10) will solve this problem.
PO Box 137                | http://www.nevis.columbia.edu/~seligman/
Irvington NY 10533 USA    | XDI: http://public.xdi.org/=william.seligman