[Nevis-linux] Symbolic math packages on the Nevis Linux cluster

William Seligman seligman at nevis.columbia.edu
Wed Jul 23 12:35:53 EDT 2008

math packages readily available for Fedora installations.  To my surprise, I
found that there was not just one package, but three: Maxima, Octave, and R.

I've put up a web page that briefly describes those packages at:

<http://www.nevis.columbia.edu/twiki/bin/view/Nevis/SymbolicMath>

In particular, you might want to consider Maxima before pursuing Mathematica.

PO Box 137                | http://www.nevis.columbia.edu/~seligman/
Irvington NY 10533 USA    | XDI: http://public.xdi.org/=william.seligman