[Nevis-linux] ROOT 5.22 and Geant 4.9.2

William Seligman seligman at nevis.columbia.edu
Fri Dec 19 16:16:33 EST 2008

New versions of both ROOT and Geant4 have been released today, and I've
installed both on the Nevis Linux cluster.

To use ROOT 5.22/00, type "setup root522".

To use Geant 4.9.2, type "setup geant492".  To get a version compiled with the
debugger, type "setup geant492d".

Note that Geant 4.9.2 uses a new version of CLHEP, 2.0.4.2, which I've also
installed on the cluster.  If you want to use this new version of CLHEP
independently, type "setup clhep2042".  (It's automatically set up if you set up
Geant 4.9.2.)

I will wait before changing the default versions (the ones you get if just type
"setup root" or "setup geant4") until mid-January, after everyone is back from
the winter break.

PO Box 137                | http://www.nevis.columbia.edu/~seligman/
Irvington NY 10533 USA    | XDI: http://public.xdi.org/=william.seligman