[Nevis-linux] GCC 4.5.2

William Seligman seligman at nevis.columbia.edu
Wed Feb 2 12:03:33 EST 2011

I have installed the latest GCC compiler on the Nevis Linux cluster; the
MicroBooNE software appears to require it. To use GCC 4.5.2, type:

setup gcc45

Note that, at present, if you use "setup" for any other package (e.g., "setup
root", "setup geant4") the above statement will be overridden. If you want to
use the new compiler, enter the above statement last.

As new versions of ROOT and Geant4 are released, I will compile them using GCC
4.5.2.
PO Box 137                |
Irvington NY 10533 USA    | http://www.nevis.columbia.edu/~seligman/