[Nevis-linux] Separating condor queues

William Seligman seligman at nevis.columbia.edu
Thu Feb 24 17:19:02 EST 2011

The condor pools are now separated.

For a visual display of the use of the condor pools, this web site gives
information about the general pool:

<http://www.nevis.columbia.edu/~condor/>

This page displays the use of the Neutrino group's pool:

<http://www.nevis.columbia.edu/neutrino-cluster/>

Both of these pages are linked from the "Monitor" section of the Nevis wiki:

<http://www.nevis.columbia.edu/twiki/bin/view/Nevis/Computing#Monitors>

On 2/22/11 4:13 PM, William Seligman wrote:
> To the users of condor at Nevis:
>
> I have been asked to put the Neutrino group's systems on a separate condor
> processing cluster from the general Nevis cluster. (This has nothing to do with
> the ATLAS Tier3 cluster, which is already separate.)
>
> If you type "condor_status" right now on the Nevis cluster, you'll see 307
> condor queues. After this change, users on non-Neutrino systems will see 103
> processing queues; users on Neutrino systems will see 204 queues.
>
> I see there are jobs running now, and I'd like to separate the queues before
> this weekend in anticipation of the usual weekend job submissions. Therefore, I
> propose to separate the queues this Thursday afternoon, 24-Feb-2011.
>
> I'm going to shut down condor to make this change. I recommend that you make
> sure you have no running condor jobs this Thursday.

PO Box 137                |
Irvington NY 10533 USA    | http://www.nevis.columbia.edu/~seligman/