[Nevis-linux] Network traffic

William Seligman seligman at nevis.columbia.edu
Wed Sep 7 18:24:44 EDT 2011

Some of you may have noticed delays when using the Nevis systems that appear to
be related to network traffic. I am trying to diagnose the problem; I've added
additional network traffic monitors, all of which can be reached via this page:

<http://www.nevis.columbia.edu/monitor/>

Here's where you can help:

- If you've stopped doing large file transfers due to network problems, please
start doing them. The problem is not a bandwidth issue.

- If you experience a very slow response time on your server (e.g., you type a
character, and it takes five seconds for it to appear on the screen) send me an
e-mail. Please include the time it occurred, what machine you were using (even
if it's your laptop from home), and the machine/server you were logged into.
PO Box 137                |
Irvington NY 10533 USA    | http://www.nevis.columbia.edu/~seligman/