[Nevis-linux] Changing your password

William Seligman seligman at nevis.columbia.edu
Fri Jul 20 19:22:37 EDT 2012

Due to a problem with the NIS master server, there may be difficulties
when attempting to change your password. Fixing this problem will
require taking down the cluster, so it must wait until at least late August.

In the meantime, if you want to change your password, please keep the
following in mind:

- Always use the "passwd" command. The "yppasswd" command is no longer
the best way to change your password.

- If you change your password using the "passwd" command and the change
doesn't appear to take effect, let me know. I'll force the NIS master
server to push your new password to the cluster.
--
Bill Seligman             | mailto://seligman@nevis.columbia.edu
Nevis Labs, Columbia Univ | http://www.nevis.columbia.edu/~seligman/