[Nevis-linux] ROOT 6

William Seligman seligman at nevis.columbia.edu
Tue Jun 3 10:21:43 EDT 2014

ROOT version 6.00.00 was released over the past weekend. There are many exciting
new features to this major new version, as you can see from the release notes:

<http://root.cern.ch/root/htmldoc/notes/release-notes.html>

(Some of the changes will make next year's ROOT class much easier on the summer
students.)

However, this release is still listed as "experimental" on the ROOT web site:

<http://root.cern.ch/drupal/content/downloading-root>

Unless someone asks for it, I'm going to wait until ROOT 6 is production-ready
before I install it at Nevis. I might also wait until the software frameworks we
use, such as Athena and LArSoft, incorporate ROOT 6.
--
William Seligman          | Phone: (914) 591-2823
Nevis Labs, Columbia Univ |