[Nevis-linux] ROOT 5.34.26 and 6.02.05

William Seligman seligman at nevis.columbia.edu
Fri Feb 20 14:26:37 EST 2015

To ROOT users at Nevis:

I've installed the latest patch version of ROOT 5.34 at Nevis. To use it, type

module load root/05.34.26

I've also installed ROOT 6 for the first time at Nevis. It's moved from being
experimental to being listed as "recommended" on the ROOT web site
<http://root.cern.ch>. To use this new version, type

module load root/06.02.05

As far as I know, none of the physics analysis groups at Nevis are using ROOT 6
yet, but I assume it's only a matter of time before someone want to run tests
before switching to the latest version.

A reminder: If "module load" looks puzzling to you, please see:
<https://twiki.nevis.columbia.edu/twiki/bin/view/Nevis/EnvironmentModules>
--
William Seligman          | Phone: (914) 591-2823
Nevis Labs, Columbia Univ |