[Nevis-linux] ROOT 6.04 (and python 2.7)

William Seligman seligman at nevis.columbia.edu
Fri Jun 5 18:28:18 EDT 2015

The ROOT team released their latest version, 6.04.00, during the middle of my
ROOT tutorial. That version is now available on the Nevis Linux cluster. To use
it, type:

module load root/06.04.00

ROOT 6.04 requires python 2.7, which is not normally available in Scientific
Linux 6. So I created a new environment module for python 2.7. If you want to
use ROOT 6.04, you don't have to load this new module explicitly; I take care of
it for you. If you want to use Python 2.7 on its own, type

module load python/2.7
--
William Seligman          | Phone: (914) 591-2823
Nevis Labs, Columbia Univ |