[Nevis-linux] New versions of ROOT, Geant4

William Seligman seligman at nevis.columbia.edu
Wed May 2 16:00:10 EDT 2018

To the users of the Nevis Linux cluster:

I've installed the latest versions of Geant4 (4.10.04 patch01) and ROOT
(06.12.06) on the Nevis Linux cluster. To access these new versions:

module load root/06.12.06
module load geant/4.10.4

In anticipation of the arrival of the summer students, on May 7 I'm going to
make these the default versions, that is, the ones you get if you just type

'module load root geant4'

About the "module load" command:
<https://twiki.nevis.columbia.edu/twiki/bin/view/Main/EnvironmentModules>

As an added bonus:

- The version of ROOT on the Jupyter notebook server is also now ROOT 06.12.06

- Previously ROOT was only available in Python 2 on the Jupyter notebook server.
Now it's also available in Python 3.

Notebook server:
<https://notebook.nevis.columbia.edu>

About notebooks:
<https://twiki.nevis.columbia.edu/twiki/bin/view/Main/IPython>
--
William Seligman          | Phone: (914) 591-2823
Nevis Labs, Columbia Univ |