[Nevis-linux] Jupyter/ROOT docker container

William Seligman seligman at nevis.columbia.edu
Thu Feb 13 16:15:14 EST 2020

Last week, I was asked to look into Docker containers for Jupyter & ROOT & C++,
similar to our notebook server. I developed a Docker container with the same OS
and ROOT versions as on notebook.nevis.columbia.edu.

I wrote a web page that discusses the topic of different container environments
to run Jupyter+ROOT:

<https://twiki.nevis.columbia.edu/twiki/bin/view/Main/JupyterROOTContainers>

The TL;DR version for those who have Docker installed on their laptops:

sudo docker run -p 8080:8080 -v $PWD:/work wgseligman/jupyter-pyroot

If you find there's a package missing from this container, please let me know.
--
William Seligman          | Phone: (914) 591-2823
Nevis Labs, Columbia Univ |